If you are a beginner who has just started working out, you may find the recommended exercises for lower abs hard to do. If you have checked out experts, they suggest doing hanging knee or leg raises, or using equipment like the ab wheel.
But, these drills are tough for someone who has not been able to develop abdominal muscle strength yet. You are going to learn some powerful lower abdominal exercises for beginners below.
Advice for Better Results
Before showing you these moves here are a few tips on how to shape your lower abs.
- The most beneficial moves are the ones that require the lifting of your lower body (legs). (For upper abs, upper body lifting is better)
- If you have belly fat on that area, you cannot get rid of it by doing abdominal exercises since they are good for developing your muscles but cannot burn much fat. To get rid of belly fat, you have to get a proper diet and do cardio to burn more calories daily than your body requires. This way it will burn the fat that leads to weight loss.
- Besides, do not work only your lower abs, but your entire core. That means your abs, obliques and lower back. Core exercises are not just crucial for looking good, but also helps to perform other movements, avoid training injury and improves your spine and posture.
- Besides, do exercises in a proper form. Quality is more important than quantity. Perform the moves slowly in a controlled way focusing on your abs.
- And finally, do not just train your abs but your entire body. Combine cardio and strength training workouts to build a lean and healthy body.
4 Leg lifting type lower abdominal exercises for beginners
In this video, Stephi Nguyen shows you easy but the best lower ab exercises for beginners. These are:
- Leg drops
- Leg drop crunches
- Alternating leg drops
- Knee tuck to low-v
This is a great abs workout at home with two rounds lasting for about 7 minutes. The first two moves are more comfortable while the last three a bit hard requiring more control. It is quick yet very efficient training that you can do 2-4 times a week.
Lover Belly Blast
This beginner ab workout is packed with even more exercises and a few that are not leg raises. Here they are:
- Cat cow – This is a yoga move that requires you to contract your abs firmly.
- Bicycle legs – A more comfortable version of the bicycle crunch since you do not have to lift your upper body.
- Reverse crunch – If you find it hard to perform, you can place your hands under your hips.
- Tic-toc – A compound move that works your lower abs and your oblique as well.
You can also turn these lower abdomen exercises for beginners into a routine. Try to do at least 10 reps for each activity, and have at least 2 rounds.
What is next?
You have just learned nine easy stomach exercises to do at home without the need for any equipment. Pick 4-5 and make them a plan that you do about 2-3 times a week.
Sooner or later you will find more natural and more comfortable to perform them, so you should go further to keep your muscles developing. Do more reps and more rounds, or add more exercises to your routine. And, finally, your midsection will be so strong that you can turn to harder lower abs exercises.
Related topics for beginners:
Did you like this guide to lower abdominal exercises for beginners? Share with your friends.