For someone unfamiliar with the term, the inversion table may sound like the invention of a mad scientist. In fact, this equipment is a medical device, which uses inversion therapy and alternative treatment for problems of the back, neck, and spine.
The inversion therapy uses the principle of being put upside down, hanging by the legs, and with your head facing down because it is believed that doing so will release spinal tension from the back. Thus, an inverter table does nothing that comfortably and safely offers you the means of staying in this position.
Do you want an inversion table? Look around here.
What can you learn here?
- Reviews of the best inversion tables for the money with a comparison.
- Buying tips: what you should check out before buying.
- What are the health benefits of inversion tables?
- How to use it safely and effectively.
- When you shouldn’t use it.
- We answer the typical related questions.
So, in the end, you have full knowledge about inversion tables.
Best Rated Inversion Tables Comparison Chart
1. IRONMAN Gravity 4000
2. Innova ITX9600
3. Teeter EP-960
1. IRONMAN Gravity 4000
2. Innova ITX9600
3. Teeter EP-960
Reviews for Inversion Tables
1. IRONMAN Gravity 4000
Ironman 4000 is great for you if you are experiencing back pains as it relieves pressure on the vertebrae discs and ligaments. It also helps in reducing stress and fatigue to the entire body, promote stimulation of blood circulation, reduce the effect of aging due to gravity, and increase flexibility to improve athletic performance. It has a removable lumbar pillow for added lumbar support when you need it.
Many customers have given this inversion board great reviews, and they have been impressed by its effectiveness after using it for only a few days. A lot of customers were also impressed by its ability to accommodate heavier than regular users, meaning they are not prevented from enjoying its benefits.
- Quick and easy assembly
- Easy to store once it is folded
- Very durable
- Very sturdy
- It is affordably priced
- It is heavy and not easy to move around, as it weighs 75 pounds. This, however, makes it very stable and sturdy equipment.
More Ironman inversion tables
Ironman has many other popular products with fewer or more features and different price ranges. Among them, Ironman IFT 4000 is what we should mention since it comes with infrared heat technology. This way, heat therapy is also available that contributes to even better results. It is, without a doubt, an excellent inversion board for back pain with heat and massage pad.
2. Innova ITX9600 Heavy Duty Deluxe Inversion Therapy Table
This inversion table is extremely effective for eliminating chronic and serious back pain, which conventional medicine cannot treat. You only need to spend a couple of minutes on it each day to notice a significant reduction in pain within about a month, although there is an almost instant relief once you start using it.
The Innova ITX9600 Heavy Duty Deluxe inversion table has a unique 5-position side inversion pin system that quickly adjusts, making the various degrees of inversion possible. Position the pin system in the desired position and enjoy a safe, consistent, and comfortable inversion therapy.
Innova ITX9600 has received a lot of positive reviews from assembly to its application. Customers have noted that it is effortless to assemble, use, and store while simultaneously giving you an excellent inversion experience with the varied inversion angles. Customers have reported a significant reduction in back pain within a few months of using this machine.
- Easy to adjust the height.
- Easy to assemble and disassemble.
- Very affordably priced.
- Very sturdy and stable frame.
- The folding design is very compact.
- It does not come with a locking pin to keep the frame together once it is folded. However, this is not much of a problem as it can be leaned against a wall or flat on the ground without any obstacles.
Other Popular Models from Innova
ITX 9600 has the most reviews and maybe the most popular model, but there are other quality products from Innova.
3. Teeter Inversion Tables
Teeter is a popular inversion table brand. This model is beneficial as it helps to naturally stretch, relax, and decompress muscle spasms, helping to relieve back pain, improve joint health, tone muscles, and increase flexibility. This Teeter back machine is very comfortable and effectively flexes to fit the body shape while at the same time enhancing joint mobilization.
It comes with a Back Pain Relief, stretch and exercise DVD, which features 5 bonus healthy back. They act as a guide for back workouts, providing relief for back pain, especially if drugs seem not to help.
Teeter back stretcher has received numerous positive reviews by customers from the point of assembly to exercise. Most customers are especially impressed by the ease of assembly and the back pain relief kit, making it a great purchase.
I highly recommend Teeter for anyone who has back issues and is looking for almost instant relief, especially if conventional medicine is not working.
Another popular equipment from this manufacturer is Teeter E1-1056 Hang Ups EZ Up Inversion and Chin Up System with Rack, Gravity Boots and Healthy Back DVD. You can easily install it to the door frame and use it for pull-ups/chin-ups and other bodyweight exercises. Also, it comes with gravity boots. A good solution if you are searching for a multiple function exercise equipment for home.
4. Health Mark Pro Max
Health Mark Pro Max is designed to help stimulate the blood flow as you sit in the face-up (traditional) inversion position or the face-down position. The face-up location makes it perfect for relieving lower back pain and compression fatigue, while the face-down position is ideal for massage. If you utilize any of the preset angles, you will relax backward until it reaches the finishing point. This means you will not worry about balancing it. You can also stretch out your body and perform back hyper-extensions or inverted crunches while in a fully vertical position. All the exercises and positions improve circulation, stimulate blood flow, and improve posture.
The Pro Max also features an easy-reach handle for operating the lock ankle bracket system and the latch. This will give you perfect control so you can adjust the ankle locking system at your wish. The handle is quite long, so you don’t have to reach your ankles all the way to unlock it after an inversion. Four high-density foam rollers hold the ankles in place, and unlike other inversion tables to relieve back pain, a large platform has been installed to help you stand while locking yourself in.
- It has five preset angles for the ultimate ease of operation.
- The inversion table comes with a user guide.
- It has an adjustable face rest and a firmly padded bed.
- Rear coasters are available for mobility.
- It can support a maximum of 600 pounds.
- It has a total of 25 height adjustments to suit each user’s individual needs.
- It has an easily accessible ankle locking system.
- The product weighs 96 pounds.
- It accommodates numerous heights from 4′ 10ˮ – 6′ 6ˮ.
- It has a one-year warranty.
This equipment has received many positive reviews. Mostly it is praised for its robust construction, ease of use, the comfort it offers, and the quality of materials used to make it. Other users have mentioned that it has the tightest tolerances compared to other inversion tables in the market.
- It is excellent for back exercises and ab workouts.
- It provides massage quality headrest and backrest.
- The weight limit is up to 600 lbs.
- It inverts to a full 90-degree lockout.
- A user can incline face-down or face-up for maximum benefit.
- This table doesn’t fold for storage. So, to avoid any inconveniences, consider placing it in a spacious room where you will not have to move it often.
How can it help you?
With the help of this short introduction, you may have guessed that the people who utilize such a table are people with back and neck joint problems. When hanging upside down on the table, gravity does the work on pulling on the joints, release any pressure that might accumulate in them, making the painful or uncomfortable. Thus, the joints and the back are expanded and stretched using the natural force of gravity.
The hang-ups inversion table allows its user to set the degree of the inversion, opting for a 45-degree angle or higher, according to needs and preferences. The purpose of this table is to reduce back pains by treating the cause of them, which is spinal compression.
If you suffer from lower back pain and visit your doctor, he will most certainly prescribe painkillers, anti-inflammatory medicines, and various treatments that are meant to reduce the symptoms of your condition. But, what they don’t treat is the cause that started the back pains from the start.
Watch the video on why doctors recommend the inversion table.
Inversion Table Benefits
- The inversion table therapy will not only help you release back pains but also bring other benefits.
- It will help you maintain your height because, due to spinal compression, we tend to lose a few inches until we reach the senior years.
- It will bring improvements to your circulation as it will encourage blood flow towards the extremities, bringing more oxygen to the brain.
- By relaxing your muscles and joints, it will reduce stress as well, and an overall state of relaxation will be reached. The mental alertness will also record improvements since blood with nutrients and oxygen will reach it more quickly.
- It will help you improve your posture because when pressure is released from the spinal cord. It will be easier to stand upright and realign the spine and muscle tension after a physical workout.
- Inversion table therapy helps to cure degenerative disc disease, neck pain.
So there are many reasons why you should use this medical device if you don’t also have one of the conditions that limit its use.
How to use the inversion table safely
- Using it is rather simple, all you have to do is to sit on it, secure your legs behind the protection bars the table has, and raise your hands slowly, as it will turn upside down.
- Again, you can set the angle you wish to descend, so it is not mandatory to start by hanging with your head down entirely right from the start. You can gradually do these sessions as you increase the angle as you get used to the feeling.
Watch the video to learn the exercises.
Why You Have Lower Back & Spine Pain (And How It Solves It)
You see, from the moment we are born and start walking upright, our bodies are in the constant action of gravity, a force that keeps us on the grown, by putting pressure on us. Still, gravity works in unseen ways, affecting the vertebras in our spine and joints. Because our spine stands upright, it is the most affected part of our body by the force of gravity and unbalances in our muscles, which leads to stress and pressure on the spinal discs.
These discs are made out of a gelatin-like matter, to absorb the shocks suffered by your body. When there is too much pressure on these discs and nerves in between them, the pain starts to appear, during life getting aggravated and being present almost all the time, at the slightest movement.
The inversion table was made to reverse the pressure exercised by the gravity. This is why the table will allow you to stay in the reversed position that you normally would stay to make it work the other way, and that is by pulling on your discs and joints in the opposite direction. So the primary benefit of the inversion machines for back pain is that it will reduce the accumulated pressure in your spinal cord and joints.
It will also help the user by allying his back muscles, which lead to the relaxation of the back. In time, using the will inversion board increases the space between the segments of your spinal cord, helping them relax and eliminate the pain. It is a fact proven in numerous medical studies, as it is the easiest and safest way to reduce the pressure on your back and find relief.
The table does work in reducing lower back pain because it merely reverses the action done by gravity on your spinal discs. There are no risks associated with the use of an inversion therapy table, so anyone suffering from back pains can use it.
The following video shows you how inversion therapy works. (presented on Teeter)
When It Is Not For You
- A session on the inversion table should not last more than 10 to 15 minutes, and it will offer both short and long-term results in pain alleviation.
- Still, there are some cases in which the use of the inverter table is not recommended. It is also recommended to discuss with your doctor before using the inversion table.
- For instance, pregnant women should not use it, nor the persons that are suffering from acid reflux before the inversion session. So if you have a burning sensation in your stomach, which announces an increase in stomach acids, do not use the table, as it may give you unpleasant symptoms.
- Gravity works on keeping the acid reflux from going up and causing discomfort. Still, when sitting upside down on the table, such a thing will not be possible anymore, and the person may experience nausea and pain.
- Also, for individuals suffering from high blood pressure, heart disease, problems with the eyes, such as glaucoma, and heart conditions, the inversion machine is not indicated, as it may aggravate the symptoms of these illnesses.
What to Look for When Buying One
Are you considering buying an inverted table for back pain, but don’t know what to look?
All inversion therapy tables are meant to offer the benefit of inversion therapy in the intimacy of your home.
Differences may appear when it comes to the variety of exercises you can do with the table, its sturdiness, reliability, quality, and affordability. So even if they may seem, all the same, there are differences you should check out before making the final decision.
For instance, if you have higher body weight, you will want to find a table with a sturdier construction to be sure that you will be able to use it safely.
Also, you may wish to find a durable table, a characteristic offered by using reliable and resistant materials for its manufacture.
And do check on how many angles the inversion table can be set to know the inverted positions, as you may want to take advantage of this feature for various activities.
Even if your back pain disappears, it doesn’t mean that you won’t have to use it again. As long as you live, gravity will work on your spinal cord, so you will always benefit from its presence.
Will you still have to take your medicine for back pain relief?
The answer to this question will be no, because the inversion table pressure will be released naturally, and the pain will disappear without the need for any medication.
So you will become free of painkillers, who are known to have side-effects, besides the fact that they help reduce pain.
The use of the inversion table has any age limits?
There are no age limits when it comes to the utilization of this table, as anyone with a backache problem can use it if he or she does not suffer from the previously mentioned conditions. The use of the inverted table can be used even if you have acid reflux, as long as you don’t use it when the episode of an acid burst is happening.
Also, it is not made to be used by children, as they should be too young to feel the effects of gravitation on their spine already.
So there is no need to intoxicate yourself with drugs when you can solve the issues of your back pains quickly and naturally. The best part of the inversion chair is that it treats the cause of the back pains, and not only their symptoms, like drugs do. You can have spinal decompression therapy at home.
What painkillers and anti-inflammatory medicine do is to numb the pain centers so that you won’t feel it anymore. But the pressure on the spinal discs will remain, causing you more trouble after their effects pass. The inversion table works by creating enough space in between the disks, to release the pressure, for a pain-free life.
Last update on 2020-05-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API