For someone that is not familiar with the term, the inversion table may sound like the invention of a mad scientist. In fact, this equipment is a medical device, which uses the inversion therapy, and alternative treatment for problems of the back, neck and spine.
The inversion therapy uses the principle of being put upside down, hanging by the legs and with your head facing down because it is believed that doing so will release spinal tension from the back. Thus, an inverter table does nothing that offers you the means of staying in this position, in a comfortable and safe manner.
How can it help you?
With the help of this short introduction, you may have guessed that the people that may use such a table are people with back and joint problems. When hanging upside down on the table, gravity does the work on pulling on the joints, release any pressure that might accumulate in them, making the painful or uncomfortable. Thus, the joints and the back are expanded and stretched using the natural force of the gravity.
The hung ups inversion table allows its user to set the degree of the inversion, opting for a 45-degree angle or higher, according to needs and preferences. The purpose of this table is to reduce back pains, by treating the cause of them, which is spinal compression.
If you suffer from back pain and visit your doctor, most certainly he will prescribe painkillers, anti-inflammatory medicines, and various treatments that are meant to diminish the symptoms of your condition. But, what they don’t treat is the cause that started the back pains from the start.
Watch the video why it is recommended by doctors
Top Inversion Chairs Comparison Chart
Based on the customer reviews these are the bestseller models from the best brands based on customer reviews. These machines come with the most beneficial features and loved by customers. And you can also find inversion tables for sale, so you can get one at the best price now.
Back Inversion Table Reviews
1. IRONMAN Gravity 4000
Ironman 4000 is great for you if you are experiencing back pains as it relieves pressure on the vertebrae discs and ligaments. It also helps in reducing stress and fatigue to the entire body, promote stimulation of blood circulation, reduce the effect of aging due to gravity and increase flexibility to improve athletic performance.
It has a removable lumbar pillow for added support when you need it.
- Made of a tubular steel frame which guarantees durability and the paint is powder coated to prevent it from scratches and give it an elegant finish
- Has a nylon backrest which is made of quality memory foam which is two and a half inches thick, making it capable of molding according to your body as it can get soft in reaction to the body’s heat during the inversion therapy. It, therefore, promises durability and comfort to you, especially if approaching old age.
- Has a lumbar pillow for additional comfort which is removable
- Has padded ankle cushions to protect your feet and provide them with comfort.
- Has three inverting positions, which is done while lying on the back until one is fully relaxed.
- This inversion chair can be adjusted according to your height, up to 6 feet and 6 inches, with an 180-degree inversion also possible.
- Has a weight capacity of up to 350 pounds.
- Has floor stabilizers made of durable rubber which prevent you from sliding or slipping during a workout.
- Has U-shaped and extra-long handrails which allow you to invert, whether you are tall or short in height.
- Has specially designed pivot bearings for a smooth rotation free of squeaks.
- Comes with a one year warranty
Many customers have given theis inversion board great reviews, and they have been impressed by its effectiveness after using it for only a few days. A lot of customers were also impressed by its ability to accommodate heavier than normal users, meaning they are not prevented from enjoying its benefits.
- Quick and easy assembly
- Easy to store once it is folded
- Very durable
- Very sturdy
- It is affordably priced
It is heavy and not easy to move around, as it weighs 75 pounds. This, however, makes it a very stable and sturdy equipment.
More Ironman models
Ironman has many other popular models with less or more features and different price range. Among them Ironman IFT 4000 is the one that we should mention since it comes with an infrared heat technology. This way heat therapy is also available that contributes to even better results.it is without a doubt and excellent inversion board for back pain
2. Innova ITX9600 Heavy Duty Deluxe Inversion Therapy Table
This inverter table is extremely effective for eliminating chronic and serious back pain which conventional medicine cannot treat. You only need to spend a couple of minutes on it each day to notice a significant reduction in pain within a duration of about a month, although there is an almost instant relief once you start using it.
The Innova ITX9600 Heavy Duty Deluxe Inversion Therapy table has a unique 5-position side inversion pin which easily adjusts, making the various degrees of inversion possible. Position the pin in the desired position and enjoy a safe, consistent and comfortable inversion any time.
- Has 5 position inversion angles
- Has an adjustable headrest pad
- Made of heavy gauge steel tubing
- Has a weight capacity of 300 pounds
- Has extra long and extra wide backrest support which is fully padded for extra support and comfort
- Has thick foam rollers for the legs and soft touch foam handlebars for comfortable inverting and it is easy to return to the upright position.
- The frame folds easily for storage.
- Accommodates users who are between 4 feet 10 inches and 6 feet 6 inches
- Has easily adjustable padded ankle slots which you can use with either shoes or socks without hurting the ankles.
- Has a true balancing system for easier inversion
- The movement from one position to the other is very smooth and slow
- Comes with a one year warranty
Innova ITX9600 has received a lot of positive customer reviews from assembly to its use. Customers have noted that it is very easy to assemble, use and store, while at the same time giving you a great inversion experience with the varied inversion angles. Customers have reported a significant reduction in back pain within a few months of using this machine.
- Easy to adjust the height
- Easy to assemble and disassemble
- Very affordably priced
- Very sturdy and stable frame
- The folding design is very compact
It does not come with a locking pin to keep the frame together once it is folded. However, this is not much of a problem as it can be leaned against a wall or flat on the ground without any problems.
Other Popular Models from Innova
ITX 9600 is has the most reviews and maybe the most popular model, but there are other quality products from Innova.
|Innova ITM4800 Advanced Heat and Massage Therapeutic Inverter Chair||826 Reviews||$169.99 from $158.81||BUY ON AMAZON|
3. Teeter Inversion Tables Reviews
This hung ups inversion table is very useful as it helps to stretch, relax, and decompress muscles naturally, helping in relieving back pain, improving joint health, tone muscles and increase flexibility. This Teeter back machine is very comfortable and effectively flexes to fit the body shape while at the same time enhancing joint mobilization.
It comes with a Back Pain Relief, stretch and exercise DVD, which features 5 bonus healthy back. They act as a guide for back workouts, providing relief for back pain, especially if drugs seem not to help.
Specifications of Teeter inversion therapy table
- Made of heavy steel parts with security features that include auto-locking hinges
- Has a pressure-reducing shape which flexes to fit your body shape
- Has a triple lock security and handle which helps reduce the need to bend when securing your ankles.
- Features Acupressure Nodes and Lumbar Bridge that is sold separately and is attached to the table bed for maximum support of the lower back for deeper compression and to deliver trigger-point release
- Has an adjustable foot platform for larger or smaller feet to ensure maximum comfort
- The ankle system distributes body weight comfortably around your heel and foot
- Has extra-long handles for more stretching options
- Has pre-set rotation at 20, 40, and 60 degrees, which assures you of adjustability and control of rotation
- The plastic bed is injection molded making it easy to clean and durable
- Has contoured bed flexes for maximum comfort, and a smooth surface that promotes body slide for optimal stretch and back pain relief
- Easy to fold and keep away when not in use
- Comes pre-assembled, you just need to put together the main parts and handles, and comes with interactive 3-D instructions making the assembly even easier
- Comes with clear and interactive User Manual, which includes a DVD to help you get started. Also included 5 bonus healthy back routines.
- Has a maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds, and height limits of 4 feet 8inches to 6 feet 6 inches.
- Comes with a manufacturer’s warranty of 5 years
Teeter back stretcher has received numerous positive reviews by customers from the point of assembly to use. Most customers are especially impressed by the ease of assembly and the back pain relief kit, making it a great purchase.
- Easy to operate and invert
- Easy to assemble as it comes with an interactive assembly guide
The Inversion Bed is highly priced compared to similar models. The quality, however, is superior to the other models, making it worth the purchase.
Another popular equipment from this manufacturer is Teeter Hang Ups which is a chin up and inversion system. You can easily install it to the door frame and use it for pull ups / chin ups and other bodyweight exercises. Also, it comes with gravity boots. A good solution if you are searching for an multiple function exercise equipment for home.
4. Health Mark Pro Max
Health Mark Pro Max is designed to assist in stimulating the blood flow as you sit in the face-up (traditional) inversion position or the face down position. The face-up position makes it perfect for relieving lower back pain and compression fatigue while the face down position is ideal for massage. If you choose to use any of the preset angles, you will relax backward until it gets to the finishing point. This means you will not worry about balancing it. You can also stretch out your body and perform back hyper-extensions or inverted crunches while in a fully vertical position. All the exercises and positions improve circulation, stimulate blood flow and improve posture.
The Pro Max also features an easy-reach handle for operating the lock ankle bracket system and the latch. This will give you perfect control so you can adjust the ankle lock locking system at your wish. The handle is quite long, so you don’t have to reach all the way to your ankles to unlock it after an inversion. Four high-density foam rollers hold the ankles in place and unlike other inversion tables for back pain; a large platform has been installed to help you stand while locking yourself in.
- It has five preset angles for the ultimate ease of operation
- The machine comes with a user guide
- It has an adjustable face rest and a firmly padded bed
- Rear coasters are availed for mobility
- It can support a maximum of 600 pounds
- It has a total of 25 height settings to suit each user’s individual needs
- It has an easily accessible ankle bracket
- Product weighs 96 pounds
- Accommodates numerous heights from 4’ 10ˮ - 6’ 6ˮ
- It has a one-year warranty
This equipment has received many positive reviews. Mostly it is praised for its solid construction, ease of use, comfort it offers and the quality of materials used to make it. Other users have mentioned that it has the tightest tolerances compared to other tables in the market today.
- It is excellent for back exercises and ab workouts
- It provides massage quality headrest and backrest
- User weight of up to 600 lbs
- It inverts to a full 90-degree lockout
- A user can incline face-down or face-up for maximum benefit
This table doesn’t fold for storage. So, to avoid any inconveniences, consider placing it in a spacious room where you will not have to move it often.
Inverted Table Benefits
The inversion table therapy will not only help you release back pains but will bring other benefits as well.
- It will help you maintain your height, because due to spinal compression, we tend to lose a few inches until we reach the senior years.
- It will bring improvements to your circulation as it will encourage blood flow towards the extremities, with this bringing more oxygen to the brain as well.
- By relaxing your muscles and joints, it will reduce stress as well, and an overall state of relaxation will be reached. The mental alertness will also record improvements since blood with nutrients and oxygen will reach it more quickly.
- It will help you improve your posture, because when pressure is released from the spinal cord, it will be easier to stand upright, and it will realign the spine and its muscle after a physical workout.
So there are many reasons why you should use this medical device if you don’t also have one of the conditions that limit its use.
How to use inversion table
Using it is rather simple, all you have to do is to sit on it, secure your legs behind the protection bars the table has, and raise your hands slowly, as it will turn upside down.
Again, you can set the angle you wish to descend, so it is not mandatory to start by hanging with your head down completely right from the start. You can do these sessions gradually, as increase the angle as you get used to the feeling.
Watch the video to see exercises.
Why You Have Lower Back & Spine Pain (And How It Solves It)
You see, from the moment we are born and start walking upright, our bodies are in the constant action of gravity, a force that keeps us on the grown, by putting pressure on us. Still, gravity works in unseen ways, affecting the vertebras in our spine and joints. Because our spine stands upright, it is the most affected part of our body by the force of gravity and unbalances in our muscles, which leads to stress and pressure on the spinal discs.
These discs are made out of a gelatin-like matter, with the purpose of absorbing the shocks suffered by your body. When there is too much pressure on these discs and nerves in between them, the pain starts to appear, during life getting aggravated and being present almost all the time, at the slightest move.
This machine was made to reverse the pressure exercised by the gravity. This is why the table will allow you to stay in the reversed position that you normally would stay, in order to make it work the other way, and that is by pulling on your discs and joints in the opposite direction. So the major benefit of the inversion machines for back pain is that it will reduce the accumulated pressure in your spinal cord and joints.
It will also help the user by allying his back muscles, which lead to the relaxation of the back. In time, using the will inversion board increase the space between the segments of your spinal cord, helping them relax and eliminate the pain. It is a fact proven in numerous medical studies, as it is the easiest and safest way to reduce the pressure on your back and find relief.
The table does work in reducing back pains because it simply reverses the action done by gravity on your spinal discs. There are no risks associated with the use of an inversion therapy table, so anyone suffering from back pains can use it.
The following video shows you how the inversion therapy works. (presented on Teeter)
When It Is Not For You
A session on the inversion table should not last more than 10 to 15 minutes, and it will offer both short and long-term results in pain alleviation.
Still, there are some cases in which the use of the inverter table is not recommended. It would also be good, for your wellbeing, to discuss with your doctor before using such a table.
For instance, pregnant women should not use it, nor the persons that are suffering from acid reflux before the inversion session. So if you are having a burning sensation in your stomach, which announces an increase in stomach acids, do not use the table, as it may give you unpleasant symptoms.
Gravity works on keeping the acid reflux from going up and causing discomfort, but when sitting upside down on the table, such a thing will not be possible anymore, and the person may experience nausea and pain.
Also, for individuals suffering from high blood pressure, problems with the eyes, such as glaucoma, and heart conditions, the inversion machine is not indicated, as it may aggravate the symptoms of these illnesses.
What to Look for When Buying One
Are you considering to buy inverted chair for back pain, but you don’t know what to look for?
All inversion therapy tables are meant to offer the benefit of inversion therapy in the intimacy of your home.
Differences may appear when it comes to the variety of exercises you can do with the table, its sturdiness, reliability, quality and affordability. So even if they may seem all the same, there are differences you should check out before making the final decision.
For instance, if you have a higher body weight, you will want to find a table with a sturdier construction, to be sure that you will be able to use it safely.
Also, you may wish to find a durable table, a characteristic offered by using reliable and resistant materials for its manufacture.
And do check on how many angles the invert table can be set to know the inverted positions, as you may want to take advantage of this feature for various exercises.
Even if your back pain disappears, it doesn’t mean that you won’t have to use it again. As long as you will live, gravity will work on your spinal cord, so you will always beneficiate from the presence of it.
Will you still have to take your medicine for back pain relief?
The answer to this question will be no, because with the help of the inversion table pressure will be released naturally, and the pain will disappear without the need for any medication.
So you will become free of painkillers, who are known to have side-effects, besides the fact that they help reduce pain.
Another frequently asked question is if the use of the inversion table has any age limits?
There are no age limits when it comes to the utilization of this table, as anyone with a back ache problem being able to use it, if he or she does not suffer from the previously mentioned conditions. The use of the inverted table can be used even if you have acid reflux, as long as you don’t use it when the episode of an acid burst is happening.
Also, it is not made to be used by children, as they should be too young for feeling the effects of gravitation on their spine already.
So there is no need to intoxicate yourself with drugs, when you can solve the issues of your back pains easily and naturally. The best part of the inversion chair is that it treats the cause of the back pains, and not only their symptoms, like drugs do. You can have a spinal decompression therapy at home.
What painkillers and anti-inflammatory medicine do is to numb the pain centers, so you won’t feel it anymore. But the pressure on the spinal discs will remain, causing you more trouble after their effects pass. The inversion table works by creating enough space in between the disks, to release the pressure, for a pain-free life.
Did you find the best inversion table for back pain? Share with your friends!
Last update on 2019-03-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API