Last Updated on by
Many years ago, when I was a teenager, I decided to buy an adjustable decline sit up bench. I wanted to have a more advanced abs workout, you know, the summer was coming. I went into the local store. I bought a board for about 40 bucks.
Do you know what happened to it after 2 months?
I threw it away!
It wobbled, broke, and it was so uncomfortable that it did more harm than good. It hurt my back because of the bad design.
Does this sound familiar?
Now I have a commercial adjustable sit up bench, which provides an excellent workout experience. It is rock solid, very convenient to use, and I know it will serve me for many, many years.
Yes, it was not cheap, but it is a one-time investment. Commercial gym equipment is made by the highest quality of standards for maximum comfort and durability.
Are you also searching for the best commercial sit up bench?
Here I’m going to show you the best ab benches that cope even with the extreme usage of a local gym.
1. Rogue GHD Machine Review – The best commercial bench for core training
Imagine what it would be like to do all the most effective core exercises with maximum effectiveness and comfort.
That is what this GHD machine provides!
Rogue workout equipment equals top quality, durability, and convenience. There is a good reason why commercial gyms, weight lifting competitions, and Crossfit games use Rogue products. The same is true for their GHD (glute-ham-developer) machines.
As the name suggests, it is more than a decline sit up bench since you can do hyperextension exercises with them. This way, you can get total core strength training.
In my opinion, Rogue GH-1 is the best price/value sit-up machine. It costs about 500 bucks but for good reasons, and it is worth every penny.
Why do I say this?
- The foot roller is adjustable by 1 inch horizontally, and there are about 20 settings. This way, everyone, from very tall to short, can find an optimal length to perform the exercises correctly and comfortably.
- Also, the 4 roller pads are 8.5 inches long and 5 inches wide in diameter with 3 inches gap between them. That dimensions, the thick padding, and the ergonomic design let us fix feet safely and comfortably to perform the moves with the best efficiency.
- GH-1 is made of 2×2″ and 2×3″ 11-gauge steel tubing that very durable construction. Hence, even the biggest guys can use it without being afraid of bending or breakage. For example, you can use it for hyperextensions or sit-ups with weights as well.
- Rogue paid attention for maximum stability as well. The base has a triangular design. Wobbling is not only annoying but can be dangerous since it may lead to weak motion.
Although we should not forget that this is a heavy item, weights 195 lb, you can get optional transportation wheels for better portability, but I do not think they help much. On the other hand, it is rather compact since 68.5″ L × 45″ W × 49″ H.
- Maximum comfort for bench sit-ups and hypers.
- Adjust in different ways to perform the exercises correctly.
- Heavy-duty and stable construction – no wobbling, suitable for weighted exercises.
- Trusted seller giving an extended warranty
- You have to pay for the value
- Hard to relocate
In short, the Rogue GHD machine is a piece of art. The best abdominal bench someone could have at home.
2. XMark XM-7608 Adjustable Sit Up Bench Review – Best Ab Bench
If you found the previous item expensive, this XMark adjustable ab bench might be a good alternative. It is also commercially-graded and provides a great user experience. Although, you cannot do back extensions with it since it is a traditional commercial adjustable ab bench.
What are the best features?
- You can adjust the board in 12 positions. The lowest ones are great for beginners, and higher ones for pro athletes. Also, you can make your bench sit up workout more versatile since you can do both low-resistance and high-resistance sit up bench exercises with more and fewer repetitions.
- The decline crunch bench has a 2×3″ 11-gauge steel mainframe and 500 lb maximum capacity. So, durability is not a question. Also, you can use it as a weight bench for dumbbell exercises like presses.
- For better comfort, the backrest is covered with 3″ thick Duracraft cushions supporting your back. Also, it comes with oversized 4.33″ vinyl-covered foam rollers for fixing your legs without pain.
- The length of the board is 47″ long and 12″ wide. Such a range makes it the right choice even for tall guys ever 6 feet.
- Finally, it is a fold away sit up bench.
- 12 decline levels.
- Comfortable back padding and foam rollers.
- Trusted seller.
- 500-pound weight capacity.
Customers satisfied with this commercial decline sit up bench for its convenient features.
Still not convinced?
Check out the hundreds of positive reviews at Amazon.
3. Fitness Reality X-Class Commercial Multi-Workout Bench Review
What if you could do all the best strength training exercises with single equipment?
Fitness Reality differs from the others since it is a multi-workout bench. That means you can use it for sit ups, back extensions, and dumbbell bench exercises since dedicated functions are added. For each, a dedicated section is included.
- The backrest can be adjusted in 3 decline positions and flat. This way, you can perform, for example, incline dumbbells bench presses.
- Because of featuring only 3 decline levels, for bench sit-ups is limited, but still provides more resistance as if you were doing the exercise on the floor.
- The leg rollers can be adjusted in 14 positions, so it is easy to find the optimal place.
- A handy feature is the 45 degrees back extension function, which is comfortable thanks to the thick padding and adjustable thigh support, although it is not as convenient as a typical roman chair.
- The maximum weight capacity is 650 lb, which is excellent thanks to the solid steel construction. So, even heavy lifters can use it.
- Multi-purpose – full upper body training.
- High weight capacity.
- Comfortable padding and foam rollers.
- Not folding.
- The backrest is short for tall guys.
In a nutshell, it is an excellent light commercial decline sit up bench for upper body workout at home.
Need more details? We have a more detailed Fitness Reality Multi workout bench review here.
4. Body-Solid GAB60 Review
This commercial adjustable decline ab bench is almost the same as the previous one but costs a little bit less. It comes with 12 positions, and it is a commercial-grade construction.
The main difference is in the dimensions of the board. It is shorter than the previous, 40 inches. Because of that, I do not recommend it for taller people over 6 feet.
Commercial grade sit up bench vs. traditional
Why are commercial benches better?
Here are the reasons:
- The most crucial factor is the steel construction of the frame. This piece of equipment is made at least 2×3″ 11-gauge heavy-duty steel tubing for durability.
- They are designed in such a way to provide the best user experience. So, they are adjustable for resistance and the user’s height.
- They are very stable.
- They come with a lengthy guaranty. Some manufacturers give lifetime warranty for home use. But, be careful, because the warranty is for the main parts such as the sturdy steel frame. Wearing parts like the cushioning or the leg rollers have limited warranty.
I know, these ab benches cost about twice as non-commercial items, but you get what you pay for. A piece of exercise equipment that is more durable and comfortable to use, and stands even the toughest workouts.
A new ab crunch bench costs somewhere 200-600. If you want to save money you may want to check out bodybuilding forums or eBay for used items.
To sum up
A commercial sit up bench is without a doubt an investment, but you get exercise equipment that serves you for a lifetime. It also gives an excellent workout experience. If you can afford it, it is worth considering getting one for your home gym.