Usually used in gyms, a commercial sit up bench has improved features over traditional ab benches. The weight capacity is higher, the frame is more robust, the cushion is stronger. Also, they have an ergonomic design that supports your torso so that you won’t experience back pain. These improvements, however, increase the cost.
Throughout the long years of working out, I’ve used many types of ab workout benches, and it wasn’t easy to find one that’s both comfortable and effective. Now I have a commercial adjustable sit-up bench, which is awesome. I know I’ll be able to use it for many years to come. Yes, it wasn’t cheap, but it was a one-time investment. Gym equipment made for commercial use has the highest possible standards for maximum comfort and durability.
Our top pic
– 500 lbs. weight capacity
– Ergonomic and gym quality design
– 12 adjustable levels
1. Rogue GHD Machine
- Footprint: 68.5″ x 45″
- Frame: 2×2″ and 2×3″ 11- Gauge Steel
- Foot pads are adjustable in 1″ increments
- Cushioned ankle rollers with heavy duty moisture-wicking upholstery
You should use this piece of equipment if you are weak in your posterior chain. The quality is great, it feels professional, and it’s great for core strength. Well worth the higher price. The best commercial bench for core training.
Imagine what it would be like to do all the most effective core exercises with maximum effectiveness and comfort.
That is what this GHD machine provides!
Rogue workout equipment equals top quality, durability, and convenience. There is a good reason why commercial gyms, weight lifting competitions, and Crossfit games use Rogue products. The same is true for their GHD (glute-ham-developer) machines.
As the name suggests, it is more than a decline sit up bench since you can do hyperextension exercises with them. This way, you can get total core strength training.
In my opinion, Rogue GH-1 is the best price/value sit-up machine. It costs about 500 bucks but for good reasons, and it is worth every penny.
Why do I say this?
- The foot roller is adjustable by 1 inch horizontally, and there are about 20 height settings. This way, everyone, from very tall to short, can find an optimal length to perform the exercises correctly and comfortably.
- Also, the 4 roller pads are 8.5 inches long and 5 inches wide in diameter with 3 inches gap between them. That dimensions, the thick padding, and the ergonomic design let us fix feet safely and comfortably to perform the moves with the best efficiency.
- GH-1 is made of 2×2″ and 2×3″ 11-gauge steel tubing that very durable construction. Hence, even the biggest guys can use it without being afraid of bending or breakage. For example, you can use it for hyperextensions or sit-ups with weights as well.
- Rogue paid attention for maximum stability as well. The base has a triangular design. Wobbling is not only annoying but can be dangerous since it may lead to weak motion.
Although we should not forget that this is a heavy item, weights 195 lb, you can get optional transportation wheels for better portability, but I do not think they help much. On the other hand, it is rather compact since 68.5″ L × 45″ W × 49″ H.
- Maximum comfort for decline bench sit-ups and hypers.
- Adjust in different ways to perform the exercises correctly.
- Heavy-duty and stable construction – no wobbling, suitable for weighted exercises.
- Trusted seller giving an extended warranty
- You have to pay for the value
- Hard to relocate
In short, the Rogue GHD machine is a piece of art. The best abdominal bench someone could have at home. Reviews are very positive. Read more reviews on Rogue GHD
2. XMark XM-7608 Adjustable Sit Up Bench
- Dimensions: 66.3 x 22.4 x 43 inches
- On a 43 inch rail, there are 12 levels of decline adjustment
- Constructed with 11-gauge steel for maximum strength
- 500 lb. weight limit
The gym-quality XMark Adjustable Sit Up Bench targets your ab muscles perfectly and challenges anyone from fitness novices to the most dedicated athletes.
If you found the previous item expensive, this XMark adjustable ab bench might be a good alternative. It is also commercially-graded and provides a great user experience. Although, you cannot do back extensions with it since it is a traditional commercial adjustable ab bench.
What are the best features?
- You can adjust the board in 12 positions. The lowest ones are great for beginners, and higher ones for pro athletes. Also, you can make your bench sit up workout more versatile since you can do both low-resistance and high-resistance sit up bench exercises with more and fewer repetitions.
- The decline crunch bench has a 2×3″ 11-gauge steel mainframe and 500 lb. maximum capacity. So, durability is not a question. Also, you can use it as a weight bench for dumbbell exercises like presses.
- For better comfort, the backrest is covered with 3″ thick Duracraft cushions supporting your back. Also, it comes with oversized 4.33″ vinyl-covered foam rollers for fixing your legs without pain.
- The length of the board is 47″ long and 12″ wide. Such a range makes it the right choice even for tall guys ever 6 feet.
- Finally, it is a fold away sit up bench.
- 12 decline levels for various level ab exercises.
- Comfortable back padding and foam rollers.
- Folding to save space.
- Trusted seller.
- 500-pound weight capacity.
I can finally do sit-ups without cracking my back because the padding makes them more comfortable. Strong construction. Ease of assembling and leveling.Amazon user – Read more reviews on Xmark commercial sit up bench
3. Fitness Reality X-Class Commercial Multi-Workout Bench
- Dimensions: 64” L x 28.8” W x 35” H
- Adjustments: 1 flat and 3 decline bench
- The bench is extremely stable thanks to the 24″L front and rear stabilizers
- 650 lb. weight limit
With this light-commercial multi-functional workout bench, you can use it as a sit-up bench, a weight bench, and a hyperextension bench. If you don’t want to buy individual items, this is your best option.
What if you could do all the best strength training exercises with single equipment?
Fitness Reality ab/hyper bench differs from the others since it is a multi-workout bench. That means you can use it for sit ups, back extensions, and dumbbell bench exercises since dedicated functions are added. For each, a dedicated section is included.
- The backrest can be adjusted in 3 decline positions and flat. This way, you can perform, for example, incline dumbbells bench presses.
- Because of featuring only 3 decline levels, for bench sit-ups is limited, but still provides more resistance as if you were doing the exercise on the floor. For example, you can do effective reverse crunch.
- The leg rollers can be adjusted in 14 positions, so it is easy to find the optimal place.
- A handy feature is the 45 degrees back extension function, which is comfortable thanks to the thick padding and adjustable thigh support, although it is not as convenient as a typical roman chair.
- You can use the handle for push ups.
- The maximum weight capacity is 650 lb, which is excellent thanks to the solid steel construction. So, even heavy lifters can use it.
- Multi-purpose – full upper body training. Excellent versatility.
- High weight limit.
- Comfortable padding and foam rollers.
- Not folding.
- The backrest is short for tall guys.
Having used it for several weeks, I can say that it’s a very well-made product. This bench is made from heavy-duty steel, has comfortable and firm pads, and has a good bench angle for sit-ups and hyperextensions. When you do it a few times, you can quickly adjust from sit-up to hyperextension. Excellent value!Amazon reviewer – Read more reviews on Fitness Reality Bench
4. Valor Fitness DF-1 Decline/Flat Bench
- Dimensions: 56 x 21 x 37 inches
- Adjustments: 14 different positions
- Extreme weight limit and stability with premium construction.
- 750 lb. weight limit
- Warranty: 3-year frame, 2-year padding
The highly adjustable commercial bench is the best choice for people who want to exercise comfortably and lift heavy weights.
Weight lifting and abdominal exercises can be done on the Valor Fitness DF-1 multifunctional workout bench. Professional features make it a great choice for even professional lifters, and it can also be used in commercial gyms.
A sturdy steel frame made of 4″ x 2″ and 2″ x 2″ is used to construct this abdominal bench. The max weight limit is 750 pounds which is enough for even powerlifters.
The board can be adjusted in 14 positions, including flat. Thus, we can train with a barbell or dumbbells for a wide variety of exercises. The decline bench has many positions too. Bench presses are optimally performed at 21 inches from the ground when the bench is flat.
It does not consist of foot rollers, but it has a contoured angle behind the knees and shin support that allows the legs to stay in a more natural position. The abdominal muscles are better targeted this way.
DF-1 decline bench from Valor Fitness is extremely stable not just because of the heavy-duty mainframe, but also because of the rubber foot caps.
- An excellent multifunctional bench for weight lifting and abs training.
- Very high weight capacity (750 lbs)
- Very comfortable padding and leg hold.
- Ergonomic design for comfort and safety.
- Suitable for commercial gyms.
- The assembly manual isn’t very helpful.
In terms of quality, this product is like something you might find at a gym.Amazon reviewer – Read more reviews on Valor Fitness DF-1
Commercial grade sit up bench vs. traditional
Why are commercial benches better?
Here are the reasons:
- The most crucial factor is the steel construction of the frame. This piece of equipment is made at least 2×3″ 11-gauge heavy-duty steel tubing for durability.
- They are designed in such a way to provide the best user experience. So, they are adjustable for resistance and the user’s height.
- They are very stable.
- They come with a lengthy guaranty. Some manufacturers give lifetime warranty for home use. But, be careful, because the warranty is for the main parts such as the sturdy steel frame. Wearing parts like the cushioning or the leg rollers have limited warranty.
I know, these ab benches cost about twice as non-commercial items, but you get what you pay for. A piece of exercise equipment that is more durable and comfortable to use, and stands even the toughest workouts.
A new ab crunch bench costs somewhere 200-600. If you want to save money you may want to check out bodybuilding forums or eBay for used items.
To sum up
A commercial sit up bench is without a doubt an investment, but you get exercise equipment that serves you for a lifetime. It also gives an excellent workout experience. If you can afford it, it is worth considering getting one for your home gym.
Last update on 2022-06-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API