In this guide, I would like to help to find the best glute ham developer machine for home. These GHD machines provide excellent workout experience, and quite affordable.
What can you find here?
- Outlines of the top glute ham developer machines from different manufacturers and price range.
- Learn about the benefits of GHD exercise machine. How, and why they help to build a healthier and stronger physique.
- How to use the GHD the right way to get the best income.
- Other workout tips.
Best GHD machine reviews
It’s true that such a GHD is a bit of an investment, but considering the benefits that it has to offer, a GHD machine is the best investment you can make in order to fulfill your fitness goals – especially when it comes to the stability and strength of your lower body.
There are several choices available in the market and you’ll need to have a clear idea of what you need before you can make a purchase. What you need to do is research a bit and figure out what features you are willing to let go of and which ones you can’t do without.
With so many products available in the market, it becomes increasingly difficult for people to understand just what they need. Well, we understand the struggle and hence have done all the work for you.
We’ve searched the market and have come up with some of the best glute ham developers that are available for sale right now. All you need to do is take a look and go through the options available to find the one that best suits your needs. So let’s get started and find out how these GHD machines can help you achieve your goals.
1. Rogue Echo GHD Machine
Proudly made in the USA, Echo GHD is ideal for small spaces thanks to the footprint. The compact size allows for easy storage but doesn’t let it force you into thinking that the space-saving capability in any way has an effect on its performance.
The best part about the Rogue Echo GHD is that you can get a flat pack games box with it if you don’t have any stand that can accommodate the machine. Although the quality of this machine is on the higher end, it is affordable and slightly less expensive than the other standalone models available. This is seriously a bargain considering that you don’t have to waste money on something that’s too bulky.
You can carry out a number of glute and ham exercises on this compact machine, such as hamstring raises, hip extensions, and Russian twists, to name a few. Each unit has a 30” x 24” GHD pad that’s made of vinyl.
Available in two options, the Infinity 2×3 and Monster Life 3×3, the Rogue glute ham raise machine is the affordable and space-saving equipment you need to achieve your workout goals. Although some assembly is required for Echo GHD, customers love the optional accessories that bring more convenience for them.
2. Sorinex Mach 2 Glute Ham Developer
The Sorinex Mach 2 GHD is the choice of most athletes. With a sturdy and great design, the original machine was the first glute hamstring developer and hence, was loved by all fitness enthusiasts. When this GHD was first introduced, it was a hit, but over the years, the company has taken feedback from its clients, and with the help of their valuable suggestions, they’ve made sure that the new design surpasses its predecessor’s initial popularity status.
Transport wheels have been added to the base for easy maneuvering. A tilting mechanism has also been added so that the user can make the adjustments their workout routine demands. Over the years, the company has also changed the structure with the help of a fully welded frame that replaced the original bolted frame base. All these changes have worked to make Sorinex Mach 2 one of the best glute ham developer machines that you can get.
The only drawback to this otherwise amazing GHD is the enormous size of it. The bulky structure and footprint takes up lots of space and the additional changes have increased the weight of the training equipment significantly. At the price you’d have to pay for this GHD, you can easily get some compact-sized ones that are easy to use and store.
In spite of this, the Sorinex Mach 2 GHD brings convenience to your life through the quick adjustments option. So if you are looking for home gym equipment that you can change according to the varying needs of your training, this is definitely a machine you’ll love.
3. Legend Standard 3130-S Split Pad
The brand is a known name in the industry, but the feature that it is most famous for is the color variations it provides. With the model, you have about 30 color choices. However, it’s not the just color of the GHD machine that makes this brand stand out, but the fabric choice that’ll leave you surprised. The brand offers buyers over 85 fabric shades that they can order for their specific equipment. Since all their products are built on order, customers can choose and pick the shades they love. That’s one way of motivating someone to exercise!
The bulky GHD machine is quite stable and can take the weight of most people. However, big athletes have the option of bolting it to the ground for added stability. The split pad can be moved to accommodate anyone, and the footplate also features the same helpful option.
This GHD has a few drawbacks, but most athletes love the Legend Standard 3130-S Split Pad. The narrow foot pads might not be suitable for most athletes, but since there are multiple adjustments available, this can actually be remedied quite easily. The model doesn’t have any anchor holes, but since the bulky machine weighs 236 pounds, there’s no danger of the machine falling over.
4. REP GHD Commercial
If you’re looking to fulfill your workout aims at an affordable price, this is the model that will help you get the best results. Having a 500-pound weight capacity, the REP Commercial glute ham developer is equipment that’s sturdy and perfect for larger athletes. The footplate comes with a bearing system so that adjustments can be made easily.
The product also features wheels, so it’s easy to transport the machine around the room. The GHD features band pegs so that users can use them for resistance training. The company offers a warranty on knee pads, but the best part is the 5-year warranty that they offer for the frame. The easy setup also makes it a great choice for beginners and experts alike.
There are a few suspected flaws in the product, and they might affect your buying decision. Because of the low price tag, many people suspect that the steel used is of lower quality. The machines are usually preferred by gyms and fitness centers. They aren’t the first option for homes so it can discourage some buyers. The packaging isn’t what equipment of this size and weight require so the machine might suffer some damage during transportation.
5. Yukon Glute Ham Developer
If you are on a budget and looking for the most cost-effective GHD for your home gym, the Yukon Glute Ham Developer is right up your alley. Although this is a basic model, it won’t stop you from achieving your aims. The easy assembly is what makes people love this model that much more. The completely adjustable features ensure that everyone can enjoy the perks of the Yukon GHD. The built-in non-slip footplate makes it so that you get a sturdy grip for an efficient training session. Being a trusted brand in the fitness industry, this product doesn’t come as a surprise that the entire unit features solid welds.
This cheap glute ham developer has a few lacking features that might not sit well with all the users. The biggest issue with the Yukon GHD is that it doesn’t come with any frills. If you are looking for something extra, then you’ll need to opt for another GHD. You can perform the basic glute ham developer exercises, and that’s it.
The basic design and base means that this cheap GHD machine isn’t suitable for heavier athletes and hence has limited outreach. The lower quality roller pads might also be something that turns away prospective buyers.
About the Glutes
Since the glutes are the largest muscle in the human body, they need all the help they can get to be in perfect working condition. They are actually made up of three muscles. They are:
- The gluteus minimus
- The gluteus medius
- The gluteus maximus
These muscles combine to make up the human buttocks and provide the lower half of the body with strength and stability. They handle all the functions performed by the lower body, which include rotation, extension, and abduction. So judging by the extent of their range of services, it’s not a surprise to know that they are an important component of our body. This is a pivotal muscle group that has an important role to play in the way that the body looks and feels.
Being one of the vital core muscle groups of the human figure, it’s important to train them for overall health and fitness. The latest trend has seen people train their glutes to enhance their looks, but it’s also important to know that they actually play a significant role in keeping up the overall health of the human physique. Most people are more concerned about a strong core, but it’s important to note that fully functioning gluteus muscles are also a sign of strength.
Signs of Weak Glutes
- With weak glutes, you will notice a significant decrease in your mobility and this can lead to further injuries in the gym. Unless you have full mobility, you will find that your movement in some exercises will be lacking. This inability will lead you to misuse other muscle groups, thus increasing the chances of injury.
- If you experience knee or hip pain during a workout, it’s a sign that your body might be suffering because of weak glutes and posterior chain. Another common sign of weak gluteus muscles is bad posture. If you find yourself slouching every now and then, you might be in need of glute strengthening.
- Lower back pain is also a sign of poorly developed gluteal muscles and posterior chain. Muscle spasms that can leave you gasping for breath are another sign that your glutes aren’t as strong as they should be. If you suffer from a stiff hip joint or have excruciating pain in your heels, this is the right time to start working on your back and glutes.
It’s important to identify when you need help to strengthen your glutes and back. The sooner you catch on, the better it is for your overall health.
If you want to escape the inconvenience of limited mobility and the threat of muscle injury, this is the right time to look for the best glute ham developer machine available. This will not only help you get strong glutes but also the fitness level that you have always dreamt of achieving.
How to use GHD machine
One of the best ways to ensure you can achieve your fitness goals is to have the right tools at your disposal. The perfect home gym equipment can help you not only achieve your fitness goals but also prevent any injuries.
And so, in your search for that perfect shape and the desired fitness level, you’ll need all the help you can get. Although all exercises are helpful one way or another, there are some that offer a plethora of advantages. One such exercise is the glute developer. It not only makes your legs look super fine, but it also helps to give your legs the strength they need. With highly functioning and strong glutes, you can easily get rid of muscle issues and imbalances, and hence, lead a completely active life.
There are several exercises you can perform with a GHD, but the most common one is the glute ham raise and back extensions. So let’s give you some easy instructions to master glute ham raises.
- Before starting, you need to warm up. Do some basic warm-up exercises to get your heart racing. This ensures that your muscles don’t get cramped during the exercise and you don’t suffer any injuries.
- After the warm-up, get on the GHD machine and adjust the footplate. This will ensure your feet are secured during the work. The curved seat should be under your thighs, supporting them. Bend your knees and bring your upper body to an upright position – like you’re kneeling on the pad. Fold your arms on your chest to form an X. This is the starting position of the ham raise. Go through the instructions one more time to ensure you are in the proper position. It’s essential that you maintain good posture during the training, or it can end in injury.
- Now that you’re all set, you can start your hamstring raise. The first step is to squeeze your abs, hamstrings, and glutes as you extend your legs. Make sure they are secured in the footplate before bending at the hips. Bend slowly and lower your body in a supine position. This has to be a controlled movement so don’t let your body go slack. Keep your glutes tight and your stomach tucked in to perform the movement easily.
- Now it’s time for you to come up. Makes sure you extend at the hips as it will work better for you when coming up. Engage your glutes and hamstrings and bend your knees and come up in a controlled motion again. An important thing to remember here is that your spine must be aligned at all times. Getting this part of the move wrong can result in serious injury, so remember to keep your back straight and don’t curve it at any point. The same goes for your torso, too. Keep it elongated as it will work better to engage your glutes and abs.
Is there a glute ham developer alternative for back extensions?
You can perform glute ham raise on hyperextension bench, also called Roman chair or back extension bench. However, that type of exercise machine has a flat pad so there is more load on your lower back and the muscles by your spine. But, it still works your glutes and hamstring.
Now that you know about the best glute ham developer machines available in the market, this is the best time to invest in a sturdy machine. Keep all the factors in mind and conduct proper research. Refrain from making a hasty decision as it can mean that you end up with a subpar, standard piece of fitness equipment.
Keep your weight and the intensity level of your training in mind as it will help you make the best decision. You also need to keep a close eye on the price tag, especially if you are trying to work within a budget. It’s easy to go overboard when looking for a reliable GHD machine, so make sure you remain within the limit you have set for yourself. Fitness enthusiasts who are interested in resistance training should make sure the machine features anchor holes and pegs.